List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Anoncvs -> SVN
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-01 22:18:41

On Thursday 31 March 2005 17:50, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> >1. Will be daily tarballs of SVN repository accessible?
>
> Someone can answer that better, but I don't see why not.
>
> >2. How to use?
>
> See the Subversion howto/faq/tutorial/whatever:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/subversion/
Hmm
an example to check out a branch would be nice!
like (if I understood correctly)
svn checkout https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE_3_4_BRANCH

Are we going to get a Makefile.svn, which eventually checks out and links the
kde-common/admin directory, and issues svn related messages.
example
svn co trunk/extragear-1
kde-common is missing in trunk.

see attachment

cu
ferdinand

["Makefile.svn" (text/x-makefile)]

all:
	@echo "This Makefile is only for the SVN repository"
	@echo "This will be deleted before making the distribution"
	@echo ""
	@if test ! -d admin; then \
	   echo "Please recheckout this module!" ;\
	   echo "for svn: use checkout once and after that update again" ;\
	   echo "for svn up: checkout kde-common from svn up and" ;\
	   echo "   link kde-common/admin to ./admin" ;\
           cd ..;\
           svn up kde-common;\
           cd kdeextragear-1 \
           pwd;\