List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Opengl composite manager
From:       derrick () logicalsi ! com
Date:       2005-04-01 14:43:54

Work is progressing on an OpenGL X server, that takes advantage of the
Composite Extension and OpenGL and a yet to be completed EGL extension of
OpenGL. This X server promises significant performance increases, and my well
replace xorg as the predominant Xserver sometime in the future.

A Working prototype exists here http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/Xgl

You can follow it's progress
here <dri-egl@lists.freedesktop.org>
and here, <xorg@lists.freedesktop.org>