List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror & Java Problem with some sites
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-03-31 2:14:32

Herbert S wrote:
> As confirmed by Raphael I also turned Java-Console to <on> within
>
> Konqueror, but none error-statements occurred.
>
> Also said by Raphael (who seems to be an Austrian user - the
> country-domain extension is assumed to think so) the "Sparkasse" has to
> be contacted.
>
> Let me say: I've done so, stating the Sparkasse the error and pointing
> to the
>
> fact, that obviously there seems to be NO error within Konqueror and NO
>
> error in my Java-configuration (because everything works fine with
> mozilla 1.4.).
>
> Reply from Sparkasse was: Sorry, but they do not support Linux and MacOS
>
> implementations, only testing their website against Windows.

Perhaps you could explain to them that it is not a question of
supporting Linux or MacOS, but rather a question of supporting web
standards: Sun Java, W3C, & ECMA. Which has nothing to do with any
specific OS.

> James Richard is assumed to be right, when writes of an issue in Konqueror,
>
> which cannot handle some strange Java-Script code within the web-site of
> "Sparkasse" (netbanking.at).
>
> In an earlier version of Konqueror ( I believe it was Konqueror 3.1 )
>
> this site was no problem.
>
> So there remains the question:
>
> Where can I post this problem additionel for developpers of Konqueror ?

This might be a regression -- that is, if the website has not changed --
in which case you can file a bug report:

	http://bugs.kde.org/