List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KAction - setting an iconSet fails
From:       David Boosalis <d () boosalis ! com>
Date:       2005-03-31 0:19:39

I have an embeded image (using qembed) that I want to use in a toolbar
with KAction
The icon will not display for a KAction, but will display if I use
QAction.  KAction will also display if it is read from a file with the
KDE API:

 exitIcon = new QIconSet();
KIconLoader *iconLoader = KGlobal::iconLoader();
  if (iconLoader != 0) {
  *exitIcon = iconLoader->loadIcon("exit",KIcon::Toolbar,

   KIcon::SizeMedium);

/* this is the code that will not display the icon */
 exitA = new KAction(tr("Exit"),
                                          QKeySequence("CTRL + Key_D"),
                                           this,
                                          "exitAction");
  if (exitIcon) {
    qDebug("SET EXIT ICON");
    exitA->setIconSet(*exitIcon);
  }
 exitA->plug(tool_bar);

//   QT will work though, something like:
 exitIcon = new QIconSet();
  image = qembed_findImage("exit");
  exitIcon->setPixmap(QPixmap(image),QIconSet::Automatic,
                                            QIconSet::Normal,QIconSet::On);

   exitA = new QAction(tr("Exit"),
                                              QKeySequence("CTRL + Key_D"),
                                               this,
                                               "exitAction");
    if (exitIcon) {
    qDebug("SET EXIT ICON");
    exitA->setIconSet(*exitIcon);
  }
  exitA->addTo(tool_bar);

The KDE code will not show the icon unless I use KIconLoader.

I fixed it by just using QActions in my code.  This is with KDE 3.3.0
and QT 3.3 (both Suse 9.2 Standard libraries)

Thank you for any help
-David