List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kio_http bug?
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-03-30 9:31:22

Hi,

I'm having a really annoying behaviour of kio_http here. It seems like
a ressource leak, it currently runs at 90% CPU Time and I don't even
have a browser window open. What is even worse, this somehow makes the
<textedit>-HTML-Input fields "hang", whatever I do - even placing the
cursor elsewhere in the text - takes ages until it's visually done.

I'm not filing a bug report yet, because I know that at least the
sluggish textedit was there in 3.3.2 and I hoped that I could just
make konqueror use another not-so-rich-textedit widget for the
textedit-fields. I don't need spell checking or anything else in
there.

Andreas

PS: A normal kill is enough to end kio_http...

PPS: I wasn't visiting any special sites to get this, just plain HTML
and Frames... Oh and there was a pdf open also...

--
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.