List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror & Java Problem with some sites i.e http://netbanking.at
From:       Herbert S <hs.linux () aon ! at>
Date:       2005-03-29 19:39:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello people out there,

excuse me, this is my 1st participation at a mailling list. Maybe this
question is wrong in this list - but I feel free to post my problem which
teases me for quite a long time.

I am using Debian sarge (updated from Woody) since about 5 months.

Actually my configuration (concerning the problem):
KDE 3.3.2
Konqueror 3.3.2
Sun Java J2RE_1.4.2_06
(configured to use in Konqueror-Settings; also stating the Java-Plugin
in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugin --> a softlink from the Sun_Java
Plugin ../i386/ns4//libjavaplugin.so)

Now the problem:
Calling http://www.netbanking.at shows the correct web-site.
At the top-left corner under ("Verfüger anmelden") I am able to enter my
<username> ("Verfüger") and my <password> ("Passwort").
This section seems to be a java-applet
(I guess this because - only sometimes - in Konqueror in the bottom line there
appears a notice: Java Check applet started  AND Login-applet started ! But
sometimes this info-notice disappears after 1 second and only the notice:
site loaded ("Seite geladen") is shown)

Now if I enter my username & password I am not logged into this site
BUT the site is reloaded WITH the Header-Info of this site duplicated !
(the header containing:  ERSTE SPARKASSE   banking   @netbanking)

NOTE:
But if I try to login to my home-bank account from another site (this time the
site of my regional banking-institute)
http://www.sparkasse.at/pregarten/home
also in the upper-left corner of the site there is a login-possibility
(although the display of THIS java-applet (!??) seems not te be correct in all
details)  THERE is NO Problem for login !!

NOTE 2:
Login in site http://www.netbanking.at
with Mozilla (1.4) or Epiphany IS NO Problem

therefore I assume it is no problem with my java_installation
but a problem withn konqueror

Can anyone say what can be done in here (I like Konqueror and would like to
use it also for my home-banking efforts AND I want help the KDE-Team with
information about this problem - maybe other sites will not work correct !)

Looking forward to replies and discussion

sincerly
Herbert