List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Which libxml2/libxslt for 3.4.0 ?
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2005-03-29 8:46:58

Hi, dear KDE developers!
  Before my first 3.4.0 experience, I upgraded a lot of system libraries and
support programs to satisfy KDE as best as possible.
  After the compilation, I've found many KDE apps unstable. The most horrible
one was kopete, which crashed for example when a chat window was closed or
attempt to change the appearance made. I made some bt's and found that it
always crashes in libxml2. So I downgraded to the version used formerly for
a long time, and it works! No more crashes in kopete as well as in other
apps.
  The version I'm currently on, is libxml-2.5.11 and libxslt-1.0.33. I tried
to upgrade to libxml-2.6.18 and libxslt-1.1.13, but stability issues were
unacceptable.
  Is there a recommended version of libxml2/libxslt for KDE ?
                         With regards, Pavel Troller