List:       kde-devel
Subject:    how to use KWin::setOpacity correctly?
From:       LiuCougar <liucougar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-28 1:26:28

Hi,
I just discovered the handy API in kdecore KWin::setOpacity for
setting my own apps tranparency. However, when I use it, I always
receive the error:
X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x0

I did start kompmgr (tried xcompmgr too)

The code I use is:
KWin::setOpacity(winId(), 75);
(I only wanted to set a (toplevel) widget itself to .75 opacity)

And I did try to put the line above after the widget was shown, but
without any lucky either.

Any one could tell me what's the correct way to use it in my own app?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Cougar

- Old Chinese adage