List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [optimization] QStringTemp for Qt 4
From:       "Fred P." <fprog26 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-27 23:24:42

Well, it seems that they do not wish to integrate it... =P

In the mean time, I got a little bit more stable performance out of this
version,
by eliminating any loop or if statement in this very simple buffer size
'prediction' algorithm.

Enjoy!

inline int QStringTempSize( register int value )
{
  value |= (value >> 4);
  value |= (value >> 2);
  value |= (value >> 1);