List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Window decoration buttons
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-03-15 10:08:42

On Tuesday 15 of March 2005 10:01, Artem Ananiev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to remove minimize/maximize/close buttons from window
> decoration in my application running with KWin, but have no success
> yet:( I tried MWM_DECOR_xxx or _OL_DECOR_DEL, but they do not work
> (thouhg, many WMs like icewm take them into consideration). Also, I
> haven't found no ways in ICCCM or _NET specs. May be KWin doesn't allow
> to cotrol window decoration buttons explicitly

 Right. If you search the archive you'll find this issue, several times. In
short, I have yet to see a single good reason for such functionality.

> (say, it looks at
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE and sets the buttons accordingly)?

 More or less. It basically shows only those buttons that make sense. Is the
window a fixed-size window? No point in showing the maximize button. And so
on.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer