List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-03-14 19:24:53

Heiner Lamprecht wrote:

>>Of course, but this is only true for the *current* developer
>>community! But with the proposed feature, the community would
>>grow and gain new elements who do have that motivation. Today,
>>they keep themselves outside of KDE, obviously.
>

> So you assume, that those developing today will stay even if this
> donate-for-feature-system will be established.

If they *really* were to go away, they would be a minority of very fanatic,
or very antidemocratic, or very stupid, people. So, IMHO, it would be better
to loose them.

But, of course, I don't *really* believe they will go away, as they will
realize they can continue to do the *same* things they have been doing until
now: work for free and under their own guidance.

Cheers,

Maurizio