List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Heiner Lamprecht <heiner () heiner-lamprecht ! net>
Date:       2005-03-14 18:49:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 14 March 2005 00:49, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Sunday, 13. March 2005 16:28, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> >>     The freedom to join other people and, *together*, sponsor
> >> the developement of a feature we need.
> >
> > You need to understand that sponsoring *features* just isn't
> > realistic, because your premises about what motivates a
> > developer to implement a feature in the first place are all
> > wrong.
>
> Of course, but this is only true for the *current* developer
> community! But with the proposed feature, the community would
> grow and gain new elements who do have that motivation. Today,
> they keep themselves outside of KDE, obviously.

So you assume, that those developing today will stay even if this
donate-for-feature-system will be established.

Reading through this thread, I fear that some of the developers
today will lose their motivation.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373