List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2005-03-12 10:50:28

> >>    (a)  if the 5000$ threshold was reached, Jack begins working, and he
> >>         *must* deliver within 3 months.
> >

> > And you still believe that this does not hurt the code quality?
> > Dream on.

> Michael, I am just trying to solve a problem here. I don't believe I've
got
> the best solution. However, to get to your objection... somewhere in this
> thread, I discussed about relaxing this constraint. I said "maybe we could
at
> least guarantee the feature will be *worked on*".

How about changing this to a two step process:

- Jack begins working and delivers within 3 months. He puts his code e.g. as
patch as an attachment to the bug
  He may get a part of the donated money
- there is a "discussion phase", where it is guaranteed that the proposed
feature is properly reviewed. This can also mean that the code is rejected
and the process restarts.
- if a "proper" solution is agreed upon, Jack gets the whole amount of
donated money

The remaining problem is that there are still needed a couple of good code
reviewers with enough time at their hand and enough knowledge about the
overall architecture. Discussing proposed solution can be as complicated as
re-implementing them themselves.

Regards
Dirk