List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Indentation
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-03-05 12:56:00

On Saturday 05 March 2005 03:05 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> So I would like to know what is the best way to indent, maybe to ensure
> something clean for most editors?

Something I've noticed is that it can be annoying if a program has some files
that use spaces and some that use tabs.  You have to keep switching your Kate
settings.

Some of the code I inherited has this:

Does Kate honor this?  I'm guessing that "ts=4" means tab stops at 4, but I'm
not sure what the others are.

If Kate doesn't honor the vim settings, is there something similar for kate?
If so, it could reduce some of the aggravation when switching between files
using different schemes.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer