List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: some beginners questions
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-02-26 9:24:28

On 25.Feb 2005 - 21:46:09, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 20:34, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 23.Feb 2005 - 23:48:42, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> For the KOffice case it's all documented in koffice/lib/kofficecore/DESIGN.

I'll have a look at this...

> That all depends on your app's logic - if some actions depend on an object
> being selected you can have a objectSelectionChanged() slot etc.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant...

> Another solution is defining the various possible states of the application
> in XML. Not sure where there are examples of that. See kxmlguiclient's documentation.

It's mentioned in the xmlui-tutorial, but only very short and I did
not think that somebody uses that...

Thanks to you and Aaron for the input. That's going to help a lot.

Andreas

--
Be free and open and breezy!  Enjoy!  Things won't get any better so
get used to it.