List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Focus on mouse button release
From:       Andy Teijelo =?iso-8859-1?q?P=E9rez?= <espino () infomed ! sld ! cu>
Date:       2005-02-16 21:52:58

There's something about the focus that has always bugged me.

I think that (also as an option) windows should gain focus when the mouse
button is released, not when it is hitted down. With the actual behaviour, I
cannot drag a music file from Konqueror to XMMS if its window is contained in
the boundaries of the Konqueror window (e.g. when Konqueror is maximized).
When I click the file in Konqueror, it gains the focus and XMMS is hidden
behind Konqueror. Also, if I drag the file to XMMS, Konqueror shouldn't gain
the focus either. Currently I work around this exact problem by setting the
always-on-top flag of XMMS, but I don't like the solution.
Perhaps, a new option in the Desktop/Focus page in the Control Center could be
the place.

Thanks,
Andy.