List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Network status
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <jbaptiste () cable ! net ! co>
Date:       2005-02-15 5:01:16

El Lun 14 Feb 2005 21:18, Nathan Toone escribió:
> Is there a class that one could use to find network status (ip address, or
> even if your machine is connected or not)?

Well, you can look at KNetworkConf code that uses gnome-system-tools network
backend to obtain all the network info (ethernet/wireless interfaces, ip
addresses, netmasks, routes, dns servers, interfaces states, etc) and it
works in around 15 platforms, including FreeBSD. Maybe I could make a library
or something that other apps could use too. Also you could take a look at
knemo to see how it detects if the network is up or down.

P.D.: gnome-system-tools backends don't have ANY dependancy on gneme at all,
they are a bunch of perl scripts that return a xml file with the network
configuration.

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste