List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: scons
From:       Esben Mose Hansen <kde () mosehansen ! dk>
Date:       2005-02-14 16:38:47

On Monday 2005-02-14 11:31, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> Here is the problem.  Say I develop my application with that mdk.  Now I
> distribute it and tell developers on Debian to go grab Unsermake.  Where do
> they find 0.3.1?  Yes some distros may be including Unsermake, but they are
> picking the release's at almost random versions sense there have been no
> official releases.  This is not something that developers will ever soly
> rely upon to be the build system for their application/lib.

You are right about the need for real releases. We were just having fun --- I
routinely upon encountering an obscure application try to emerge .... Like,
emerge -av kurso-de-esparanto.

It amazing what there is ebuilds for. And what not.

Anyway, isn't it correct when I say that unsermake is an automake drop-in
replacement? That it will not lower the entry barrier to KDE development by
one iota?

--
regards. Esben