List:       kde-devel
Subject:    OFF-TOPIC: enabling technology
From:       Andy Teijelo =?iso-8859-1?q?P=E9rez?= <espino () infomed ! sld ! cu>
Date:       2005-02-11 4:27:16

Hi guys. I'me sorry I'm asking this one here, but believe me, I have googled a
lot, I looked out in wikipedia and a in a few dictionaries here, but I'm not
a natural english speaker and I haven't figured out what does "enabling
technology" mean. I've been reading the "Qt for Windows released under GPL"
thread (the use/sue typo was VERY funny) and the "enabling technology" phrase
appears all the time: "Kontact is not an enabling technology on Windows"
"Firefox is not an enabling technology on Windows" "KDE is not an enabling
technology on Linux" and so on. I just don't get it. What does it mean? It
would be ok if answered in private, to keep the list free of off-topics.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.