List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ksirc
From:       Andrew Stanley-Jones <asj-kde-devel () cban ! com>
Date:       2005-02-10 21:54:05

>    Well if its being maintained how about switching the system tray to the
> normal way then. When you left click it should minimize the chat window??

I didn't do it that since it seemed like a waste of a function.
There's a ton of ways to minimize the window already.  If you want to
hide it that's another matter.  Making it optional is fine.

>  I was just curious as to if it was being maintained thats why i started this
> conversation. I am just interested in seeing new features brought in to this
> app. For instance when using a colored nick list with one of the darker color
> schemes it colors some nicks black this is kind of a bummer.

On the IRC colours setup page you can tell it not to use certain colours
for nicks.  Like black on black.  The UI sucks, and I tried to explain
it an the top, I just couldn't think of a better way to do it.  A popup
when you turn on colourful nicks might help.  Or a whole new way of
doing it might be better.

> Also are
> tranpsarencies of the chat window on the to do list as well? Just curoius ?

It's been tried in the past.  Everytime there seems to be some problems
with flicker so I turn it off again.  I don't really care about
transparency so I don't put much work into it.  If anyone knows how to
make it work right please feel free to do it  or send me a patch.

I haven't done much an ksirc since my kde install is too old.  I'll
update to the 3.4 in the near future and then do some changes I want. I
don't have a huge desire to a lot of work since it does pretty much
everything I want and I'm not in school anymore so I have limited time.
If others want to help I'm always glad to accept assistance/new
features/etc.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stanley-Jones         | "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
EE, LongEz N87KJ             |                           -- Walt Disney