List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about splitting kdebase into a plethora of packages
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-02-10 12:48:40

On Thursday 10 February 2005 00:14 CET Lokheed wrote:
> [...]
> I would really like the opinion of the KDE devs on whether this is a
> sound practise or even a sound decision. [...]

This has already been discussed to death before, like here [1].  The
conclusion:  Everybody, including the core devs, got his own opinion, as
always.  It's up to the distributor to decide wether they want to split KDE
or not (almost everbody already does it to some degree) -- complaining to
the KDE devs won't help if you have problems with your distributor's
decisions.

Cheers,
Malte

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/18283

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>