List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling buttons in window title bar
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-02-10 12:20:50

On Wednesday 09 of February 2005 20:59, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 Feb 2005 14:59, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 of February 2005 14:35, David Jarvie wrote:
> > > In some circumstances I want to disable the minimise, maximise and
> > > close buttons in a window decoration for a short time after the window
> > > is first displayed. Ideally I would like them to appear greyed out. Is
> > > there any simple way of disabling them, or do I have to remove the
> > > min/max buttons and use KMainWindow::closeEvent() to prevent closing?
> >
> >  Whether the titlebar buttons are shown or not depends on the actual
> > functionality available. E.g. maximize is disabled when the window can't
> > be resized to the required geometry. I don't see any good reason why
> > you'd want to control that manually.
>
> I want to do this on a popup window, to prevent any possibility that the
> user might happen to click on the button positions just at the moment that
> the window appears, i.e. to prevent unintentional closure or hiding of the
> window.

 Hmm. And is this a real problem? I don't think this has ever happened to me
for a single time. If this is a problem, then it probably applies to more
places than just your application, and somewhat more systematic way should be
found that just rolling your own hack. Besides, as I said you currently can't
control the titlebar buttons anyway, and I'm reluctant to add anything like
that - it would be just abused, and currently KWin supports about 10 titlebar
buttons and the list may still grow.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer