List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT for Windows released under GPL
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2005-02-08 4:23:32

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 8:58 pm, Andrew Coles wrote:
> Whilst I remember: it might mean amending the KDE binary compatability
> information if it is likely that people might compile KDE using Visual C++*
> (in which some of the constness is part of the function signatures,
> changing the rules slightly).  In either case, such an amendment would need
> marking as not applying pre-4.0.
>
> Andrew
>
> *    although the GPLed QT 4.0 for Windows won't support the Visual C++
> tools.

Has anyone else read the license agreement for Visual C++?  It says something
along the lines: "You can not use it to develop any word/excel product or
products that will be used on other operating systems."  I can't seem to find
it right now, but if we are going to talk about licensing/support etc someone
really should read vc++'s license.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox