List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdenonbeta or kdeplayground?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-02 21:57:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 20:20, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Should there be a checklist be in kderevew or even on developer.kde.org
> (made up mostly of links to other developer.kde.org docs)?  Anyone working
> on this? I see there are two things in there right now.
>
> Off the top of my head a few standard things:
>
> -KConfigXT (with comments for auto generated documentation and whatsthis
> and file validated)
> -ui files for config
> -xmlui
> -svg icons
> -valid desktop file
> -Real about data
> -All source has copyrighted license headers
> -cleaned up ui files (fixuifiles)
> -No qDebug calls
> -Proper defines :)
> -Fix in 800x600
> -Can be launced and exited without saving anything in the config file.

That's a good start indeed.

-Proper Capitalisation
-Proper quoting of arguments passed to system() and friends
-All the other tests from kdesecurity/review

> Maybe we could even just have a script that says yah/ney when passed a
> kdereview directory :p

Yes, I guess it would help if we had scripts for as much as possible, to get a
quick and rough indication of the things that need work.

> Who reviews them?  When a new app gets put in there should we e-mail
> core-devel to let people know?

Yes, kde-devel, kde-core-devel and kde-i18n-doc I would think, a "Request for
Feedback" with a quick into to the application.

> Maybe six months is too long.  Maybe
> something a lot shorter say on average it shouldn't be in there longer then
> a month at which point everyone can say yah/ney.

Well, it's not about saying yah/ney, it's about identifying the areas that
need work and then fixing them. Once everything has become yah it's good to
go. (I guess scripts shouldn't be saying "yah" if they can't be 100% sure,
but use some third state like "need manual review".)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download