List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Endless modprobe calls logged in KDE 3.4
From:       Kévin_Ottens <ervin () ipsquad ! net>
Date:       2005-02-01 17:53:17

Le Mardi 1 Février 2005 12:24, Volker Krause a écrit :
> I have two other machines here running CVS HEAD without problems, only my
> laptop signals permanent cdrom activity.

I'm wondering if the machines where mediamanager is problematic have something
in common...

Since you have two where it works correctly, I'd be interested in more
input... Do they run the same Linux flavor? Do they have something different
in their fstab? Do they use supermount or something similar?

Maybe it's simply something related to hardware and how the cdrom drive report
its status...
Does it happen only when something is in the drive? Or only when it's empty?
Both?

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."