List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Endless modprobe calls logged in KDE 3.4
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-29 18:24:30

When I run KDE 3.4 (CVS 25/1/05), it outputs the following line
to /var/log/ksymoops, every second approximately. This occurs indefinitely,
throughout my session until I log off.

    start /sbin/modprobe -s -k -- block-major-11 safemode=1

This doesn't happen under KDE 3.3.2. Note that I copied my $KDEHOME branch for
use with KDE 3.4, so that all my config options would be kept, so there
should be nothing different, other than that I have only installed kdelibs,
kdebase and kdepim under KDE 3.4.

Cheers,
David.