List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KTTS Kate plugins moved from kdebase to kdeaccessibility
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-29 15:43:32

On Saturday 29 January 2005 15:14, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> The KDE Text-to-Speech plugins for Kate have been moved
>
> from
>
> kdebase/kate/plugins/ktts
> kdebase/kate/plugins/katepartktts

> kdeaccessibility/kttsd/app-plugins/kate

Thanks for the note, I'll move the .po files for all languages accordingly.

Note to everyone: tell sysadmin@kde.org when you move something in CVS (usually
you would even ask for the move to be done on the server to preserve history...) :)

> To remove cruft from your system, everyone else should either "make uninstall"
> in the directories above (before you cvs up) or delete the following files:
>
> $KDEDIR/libs/kde3/libkatepartkttsdplugin.*
> $KDEDIR/apps/katepart/kpartplugins/katepartkttsd.rc
> $KDEDIR/libs/kde3/libkatekttsdplugin.*
> $KDEDIR/share/services/katekttsd.desktop

Hmm you can't everyone who compiles kde cvs to read this list and follow each
renaming/move. Better if we can make sure that the upgrade is painless.
If services/katekttsd.desktop doesn't exist anymore, you should install an
"uninstall.destop" file over it to "delete" it. See the section I recently
added to the Mafefile.am howto on developer.kde.org.

> CVS Admin, you may wish to permamently delete the directories in kdebase
> above.
We don't delete actual directories, it breaks "cvs update". And we can't
delete files once they have a release tag - I guess those have the 3.4-beta1 tag.