List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: persistent slow loading in Konqueror
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-01-25 20:37:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

David Faure wrote:
>Oh. Shouldn't we have two blacklists then?
>When I suggested the name "ipv6blacklist" on IRC, it was for "don't do
> ipv6 but to ipv4 on those servers", which would be the way to access a
> banking site with a buggy DNS server of its own, right?
>
>And then you could have a "blacklist" directory with the "completely
> blacklisted, e.g. ad sites" list.

That's a workaround. My opinion is that we should completely blacklist
buggy sites so that it hits them where it hurts the most: their pockets.
That is specially true for adserver sites.

I hadn't considered the situation when people wanted to access the buggy
sites themselves.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.