List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: no system sounds
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-25 11:25:24

On 25.Jan 2005 - 09:21:48, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Monday, 24 January 2005 18:25, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >
> > Problem is: I cannot get the "system sounds" to work. They are all
> > activated and arts is running properly (I can hear sound from kolf for
> > example). But I don't hear anything when I maximize a window for
> > example, the same applies to pushing the play button in
> > kcontrol->sound->system notifications.
>
> I had this twice. In my case, it was the "Use Arts" flag in
> ~/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc which was automatically set to false
> when I had temporary ALSA problems.
>
> The problem was that once it had been set false, there was no
> further check or GUI option to re-enable it (which caused confusion for
> at least some people in the gentoo forums).
> I'd be glad if some KNotify devs would do something about that.

Same problem here, but I've got a solution (at least for me :-) I
added

[StartProgress]
Arts Init=true
KNotify Init=true
Use Arts=true

To the knotifyrc. First there wasn't a change, but today after the pc
started (I do turn that thing of over night ;-) and I logged in I was
quite happy to hear the login-sound. So KNotify works again, after a
reboot :-)

Andreas

--
A tall, dark stranger will have more fun than you.