On 25.Jan 2005 - 09:21:48, Jakob Petsovits wrote: > On Monday, 24 January 2005 18:25, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > > > Problem is: I cannot get the "system sounds" to work. They are all > > activated and arts is running properly (I can hear sound from kolf for > > example). But I don't hear anything when I maximize a window for > > example, the same applies to pushing the play button in > > kcontrol->sound->system notifications. > > I had this twice. In my case, it was the "Use Arts" flag in > ~/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc which was automatically set to false > when I had temporary ALSA problems. > > The problem was that once it had been set false, there was no > further check or GUI option to re-enable it (which caused confusion for > at least some people in the gentoo forums). > I'd be glad if some KNotify devs would do something about that. Same problem here, but I've got a solution (at least for me :-) I added [StartProgress] Arts Init=true KNotify Init=true Use Arts=true To the knotifyrc. First there wasn't a change, but today after the pc started (I do turn that thing of over night ;-) and I logged in I was quite happy to hear the login-sound. So KNotify works again, after a reboot :-) Andreas -- A tall, dark stranger will have more fun than you. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<