List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfigXT
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-19 20:38:33

On 19.Jan 2005 - 21:11:42, Milan Mitrovic wrote:
> i have some problems with KConfigXT...
>
> i tried to port my app folowing the instructions in the tutorial, and
> everything works, but kringconfig.h and kringconfig.cpp are generated in the
> build directory (debug/src/) not in the source dir (src/)

That is OK, the both files are _generated_ files, so they have to be
but into the build directory. It's the same as with the moc-files.
This is to have your src-dir as clean as possible.

> i used kdevelop to generate all project files, and added all files exactly as
> explained in the tutorial (it didn't work till i added #MIN_CONFIG(3.2) to
> configure.in.in - maybe that should be mentioned somewhere, i had to search
> mailing list archives to find that) and thats it...

The MIN_CONFIG is fixed in CVS, the bug was reported by me and AFAIK
the solution (fixed in CVS) is mentioned there too...

> is this normal?

yes.

> should i put my build and src dir in the same place to make this easier?

No. Check the Archive from December, there is a large thread from me
and some others, discussing the various config's for creation (i.e.
default, debug, optimize) and the usage of each (pretty much to the
end of the thread). Basically: For clean development use debug and
let kdevelop put the files into the proper places...

Andreas

--
You're a card which will have to be dealt with.