List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       "Emmanuel Julien" <xbarr () ninomojo ! com>
Date:       2005-01-06 2:48:57

I think even mentioning GNOME is doomed to be taken as a personal attack
on this mailing list and I can understand that.

*** I NEVER SPOKE ABOUT REMOVING THAT OPTION! I NEVER SAYED GNOME>KDE ***
In fact both sucks when compared to the evil ones, but alternative desktop
is not (yet) about having a computer that just works.

I'm merely expressing concerns with KDE where while everything can be
configured is a good thing, it seems that in KDE everything should be right
under your hand waiting to be configured.

I'm totally against removing features from KDE and I'm using GNOME as a
last
resort (eg: I like to keep my window on top without going through 3 pages
full of
check and combo boxes).

KDE has become very difficult to grasp and I'm *really* not a newbie.
There's just too many options sitting in very exposed interfaces staying
mostly
unused. This thread is about one.