List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Howto add a Toolbar to App
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-01-05 22:37:11

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 05:26 pm, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to add my own toolbar to my (XMLGUI using) KDE App by adding:
>
> <Toolbar name="editToolBar" fullWidth="true" newline="true">
>   <Text>Edit Toolbar</text>
>   <Action name="rotation" />
>   <Action name="panorama" />
> </Toolbar>
>
> to the .rc file. A reinstall and ... nothing :-( I have the same
> Actions in a menu, but there is no toolbar (except the standard one
> for file open...).

Did you try bumping the version in the <kpartgui> tag?

e.g. <kpartgui name="foo" version="1">

If you don't increase the version, then a reinstall won't actually use the new
ui.rc file until you remove the one in $KDEHOME/share/apps/$appname, that way
changes that the user made are saved.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne