List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2005-01-05 22:05:51

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 22:11, Bernd Pol wrote:

> > > Not in my experience.
> >
> > Come explain my mom the difference. I'd love to see that. :-)
>
> Easy:
> - Don't need it any more -- delete it, so it's gone forever.
> - Not sure about -- put it into the trashcan, where you can get it back
> if you want. But take care, it might flood your hard disk.

That's not this kind of distinction we are talking about, it was network
mounted partitions vs. local ones.

In the case of local filesystem, again, you can have a size-limited trashcan
as a general solution, and I don't think people want to ask themselves "gee,
will I need it later or not, and how much disk space do I have left ?"
either.

--
      Guillaume.
      http://www.telegraph-road.org