List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2005-01-05 20:43:04

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 14:29, Heiner Lamprecht wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 13:04, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > - Advanced users (the kind who change defaults) can easily learn
> > keyboard shortcuts like Shift+Delete
>
> Sure, I could learn it.  But I don't want to.  If I want to delete a
> file in Konqueror, I have to select it with the mouse.  So why
> should I use the keyboard to delete it?

I am also thinking. How are we supposed to use shift+del? First you need to
select the file, and with the KDE philosophy of clicking means run, selection
requires you to either drag a selection area around it or using CTRL+mouse
click. So the new suggested behavior becomes:
CTRL+mouse click
Shift+Delete

Please let us just stop this discussion and either get delete back, or change
the option to choose between remove and delete in the context menu.

`Allan