List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Edwin Schepers <yez () home ! nl>
Date:       2005-01-05 20:43:31

On Wednesday 5 January 2005 20:14 pm, Tim Wunder wrote:
> And the right thing would be to delete the file when I tell it to delete it,
> and move it to some Trash handling mechanism if I want that. Having an RMB
> menu that provides that option certainly seems logical to me. Removing an
> option for the sake of some nebulous algorithm that'll decide whether to
> delete it or move it to trash seems counter-intuitive, and almost
> MS-Windows-like.
Well, this is how it works on Windows. If you delete a local file, it's sent
to trash and if  it's on the network, it's deleted.

Anyway, I use the Delete a lot with my mouse, and am very happy that there's
an option to enable the entry in a convenient way. Shift+Delete is a nasty
combination on this laptop.

To Guillaume : you talk about the vast majority that can't decide which option
to use. Well, if  this user is using the fish:// protocol and wants to delete
a file ( and other protocols like ftp too) then how should this user have to
find out how to delete a file ? Or is this a bug ?

If this option is deleted from the menu because the menu was getting too big,
then why not solve it like it is done in Windows? Here, only the most often
used options are shown.
Or was the decision because the not-knowing user don't know what to choose ? I
doubt if that is true

Regards,
Edwin
--
 20:46:36  up 67 days,  7:32, 31 users,  load average: 0.86, 0.38, 0.24
Linux 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl i686 athlon