List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: setView
From:       Richard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=E4rk=E4ng?= <nouseforaname () home ! se>
Date:       2004-12-29 12:57:41

Hi!

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 13.38, David Palao wrote:
> Hello
> I'm starting to learn kde and I'm following "KDE 2.0 Development". However
> I'm using KDE 3.1.3.
> At the very beginning I found an example which doesn't compile:
> "ksimpleapp". I know that this program uses deprecated functions; I tried
> to translate to the new counterparts, but I couldn't find the analogue of
> "setView"; >

> How can I "translate"  the setView function into anything 3.1.3 compliant?

That would be setCentralWidget I think.

> BTW, I guess it could be a headache to continue using this book (it is very
> old), so, can anybody advise me another free document? (or am I wrong?)

I don't know if there's anything better available about kde, but there's a
book about qt programming available for free, see
http://dot.kde.org/1098950311/

If you want to use the old book
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/porting.html would probably be
very helpful, there I found for example in the "KDE 2.0 Porting guide" that
setView was replaced by setCentralWidget.

> Thanks in advance,
> Regards
>
> David

Richard