List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: arts glib configure problem
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2004-12-12 11:36:21

On Sunday 12 December 2004 05:12 am, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GLib-2.0 (at least 1.3.3)... not installed
> configure: error:
>         Please install glib-2.0 (see http://www.gtk.org).
>
> IMHO the problem starts around 2004-12-10
> when arts/admin/acinclude.m4.in was updated
>
> BTW I am using kdenonbeta/kdecvsbuild
>
> But  I can configure manually without problems
>
> any hints ?

kdecvs-build uses a clean environment to perform the build, so there is
probably a difference in the environment variables used by kdecvs-build and
your shell that is causing the problem, which the commit is apparently
exposing.

If you run kdecvs-build, you should be able to get the exact error by
examining the config.log in your arts build directory right after running
kdecvs-build.

If it turns out to be a kdecvs-build bug let me know and I'll fix it.  If it's
a weirdness due to your system you can use the set-env config option in your
~/.kdecvs-buildrc to set environment variables.

e.g. in your global section
set-env PKG_CONFIG_PATH /foo/bar/pkgconfig
set-env BURNINATOR trogdor

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne