List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Set window position and size of from kwin managed windows
From:       Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak () arcor ! de>
Date:       2004-10-31 17:33:08

Hi,

Thank you very much.

As far as kde/kwin does not offer "tabbed windowing", a la fluxbox, I
wanted my window deco to fake this behaviour, by just moving windows on
top of each other and hide or show the right ones. :)
I know that this would be very dirty style, but it would be useful for me.

Of course it would be great, if kwin would have API calls for
everything, though offering full flexibility to the decoration designers
to create their decorations. I don't know what else could be possible
with this API calls, but I always was a fan of offering ones customers
the ultimate freedom. ;)

And I know that if there would be new API calls, this would be a new API
at all, and it would break compatibility with the old APIs. This is
never a good idea, so I totally accept, if this is not possible now and
if you don't think that this feature might be necessary, it is okay,
too. If there will be a new kwin decoration API in KDE 3.4, for sure, I
would be happy if there would be some calls about the window itself,
like position, size, visibility.

I hoped that there is a way to set the window position and size of
decorated windows, at the moment.

Sincerely,
Sascha