List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-10-29 21:06:16

ביום רביעי, 27 באוקטובר 2004, 21:27, נכתב על ידי David Faure:
> You said:
> > I made a script which starts the new system from GDM, after it sets the
> > corr3ect environment variables. KDE loads.
>
> Well, how do you know it's correct? IMHO the problem is those scripts.
> It's not really difficult to get this right. Set the vars, then start kde.
>
> E.g. on Mandrake I created /etc/X11/wmsession.d/1kdedevel which says
> under SCRIPT:
> source /mnt/devel/kde/kdedir/setup ; exec
> /mnt/devel/kde/kdedir/bin/startkde where the former sets all the env vars.
Yes, Mandrake got it the right way. One config for all DM. Quite cool.

> Is the problem with kdepim only? Did you compile it with
> --prefix=/usr/local/kde ?
I am recompiling with /usr/local/kde33 prefix. This prefix was detected
automagically anyway. Lets hope it goes well.

--
diego, kde-il translation team, http://www.kde.org/il