List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Updating a Makefile.am
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-29 16:40:38

On Friday 29 October 2004 18:34, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been always using kdevelop for helping me in the creation and management
> of Makefile.am's. Now, I've been reading the Makefile.am howto (thanks David)
You're welcome :)

> a) KDevelop, when adding a new class, adds the source file to _SOURCES, of
> course, but the header is added in noinst_HEADERS. Both the howto, and the
> manual, say that they should be added to AM_CPPFLAGS (indeed, they are
> because $(all_includes) ). It's a minor bug in KDevelop, or it acts this way
> because a justified reason?

You're confusing headers that you wrote yourself, and headers that you use.
Headers that you wrote yourself can go in noinst_HEADERS, or you can omit them completely.
For headers that you want to use, you need a -I directive in AM_CPPFLAGS indeed.

[b) left for people who know more about xdg apps stuff]

> c) And the last one, I promise :-). Those Makefile.am's that KDevelop 2
> generated, include the "install-data-local" and "uninstall-local" targets to
> install icons and desktop files. If a package uses _DATA and _ICONS, should
> these targets be removed?
Yes. _DATA and _ICONS are definitely preferred.