List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Fixed" post-increment operators on iterators
From:       Andrew Coles <andrew_coles () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-10-28 9:58:27

On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 22:44, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> also, while you're at it there, you should cache the end(), like:
>
> QStringList::ConstIterator itEnd = matches.end();

Or even:

const QStringList::ConstIterator itEnd = matches.end();

- that way it stops one doing ++itEnd instead of ++it.

Speaking of constness: I'm going through making functions' member variables
const where applicable when checking for post-increments, end()s and so on.
It does no harm and the code is potentially faster and more robust as a
result.

Andrew