List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KGuiItem Questions
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 20:58:07

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 00:16, Luke Sandell wrote:
> I have a couple questions about KGuiItem on how it might be possibly
> improved.
>
> - Why doesn't KStdGuiItem include more ... well, more standard GUI items?
> Such as cut, copy, paste, undo, redo....

I think it would be OK if you submitted patches for that -- std items are
cheap, and have a good result.

> - Why can't KGuiItem and consequently KStdGuiItem include a KShortcut entry
> as well so that these can automatically be assigned to actions?  Surely
> this would increase programming efficiency and lead to greater
> standardization of interfaces.

There was some discussion about merging KStdAction and KStdGuiItem, but I
don't remember who, when, or how that ended, probably it didn't work out.
Perhaps something happens in KDE 4, dunno. Someone else perhaps knows better.

Cheers,

		Frans