List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-10-27 17:23:14

short version of this sory from kde-core-devel:

I have a self compiled version of kde, and one from my distro. the one from my
distro is found in /usr/bin, and my own in /usr/local/kde33/bin.

I made a script which starts the new system from GDM, after it sets the
corr3ect environment variables. KDE loads.
When I run applications from konsole, I get the ones from my self compiled
KDE, but when I run them from kdesktop, it seems that the ones in /usr/bin
are loaded, some do not load at all. (kmail, korganizer).

I followed some instructions, and got no where.

ביום רביעי, 27 באוקטובר 2004, 19:03, נכתב על ידי David Faure:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 18:53, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > ok, how do I know which version of kdesktop i am running?
> > from your suggestion it seems that you think i am running kdesktop from
> > /usr/bin, and all other kde from /usr/local/kde33
> >
> > how can I verify that?
>
> ls -l /proc/<pid of kdesktop>/exe
> (it's going to point to kdeinit, but you'll know which one, at least).
kdesktop from my kde33 is loaded.

> Or kill and restart kdesktop from a terminal (so you know which one you're
> starting), to see if that changes anything.
Tried that. Still, when I run kontact, I got the one in /usr/bin.

I will try and recompile kdepim, maybe I am having some problems in that
module.

> Anyway this is off-topic for kde-core-devel - your installation problems
> are no core development topic. Further questions on kde-devel please.
move list as requested.
--
diego, kde-il translation team, http://www.kde.org/il