List:       kde-devel
Subject:    PopupMenu pops up repeatedly
From:       Dracula007 <dracula007 () atlas ! cz>
Date:       2004-10-26 16:50:13

Hello,

   I've a KListView with items in it, and I'd like to show Popup Menu
   for them. I simply connect the slot "showMenu" to the "contextMenu"
   signal

   // connectiong the signal to the main window's slot
   KListView * leftPanel = new KListView(mainWin);

   connect(leftPanel,
           SIGNAL(contextMenu (KListView *, QListViewItem *, const QPoint &)),
           this,
           SLOT(showMenu (KListView *, QListViewItem *, const QPoint &)));

   // slot
   void MainWindow::showMenu (KListView *l, QListViewItem *i, const QPoint &p) {
      KPopupMenu * contextmenu = new KPopupMenu(this);
      contextmenu->popup(p);
      contextmenu->insertItem( "&Delete row",0,0 );
      contextmenu->exec();
   }

   and it works - the menu pops up. The problem is the menu is still
   there no matter how I click - it simply won't hide. What should I
   do to hide the popup menu?

   I'm new to KDE/Qt development so I probably did a really stupid fault.

   T.V.