List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Missing" module for configuring Desktop Backgrounds
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2004-10-25 14:15:50

On Monday 25 October 2004 1:31 am, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 11:43 pm, Frans Englich wrote:

> > > Hello, Benjamin
> > > Before I went through another update from CVS trying to fix this, I
> > > tried placing the line that you said I was missing in the appropriate
> > > file. Guess what?  It works perfectly now :)  Thank you very much :) I
> > > would sure like to know why updating from CVS didn't fix it right after
> > > I discovered the problem?  Another question would be, how come this
> > > same line was missing in the same file in a Completely fresh install of
> > > kdelibs and kdebase, on a completely different path than the one that I
> > > discovered this problem on?
> >
> > Good question :) It was accidently removed in Benjamin's cleanup
> > commits(r. 1.261):
> >
> > http://68.118.205.171/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/kcontrol/background/back
> >gr ound.desktop.diff?r1=1.260;r2=1.261;f=h
> >
> > Perhaps a buggy test script? What other desktop files are broken? Did it
> > perhaps remove all Categories fields which already was properly
> > terminated?
>
> Hello, Frans
> In answer to your question about how many desktop files are broken, I came
> up with the following list:
> *Help.desktop
>  installktheme.desktop
> *keducabuilder.desktop
> *keduca.desktop
>  kleopatra_import.desktop
^ Never had a Category
>  kmail_view.desktop
^ Never had a Category
> *kmplot.desktop
> *kooka.desktop
> *kpdf.desktop
> *kpercentage.desktop
> *kwhatsbroken.desktop
^ No clue what this is, don't have it on my system at the moment...
> *panel.desktop
^ Never had a Category

> All of the above desktop files lack the "Categories" line.  All of the ones
> that I checked from the command line give the same error message that I
> quoted in an earlier message on this thread, about the particular module
> not being found.  But you will notice the ones that have an asterik next to
> them: like I said above, they lack the "Categories" line, and they cannot
> be started from a command line.  But if you click on the file in Konqueror,
> they open like they are supposed to.
>
> Have a Great Day
> Steven P. Ulrick

> >> unsubscribe <<

I have gone through and fixed them.  cvsrevert had reverted them all, but only
committed some of them...  The two that were conflicting makes sense, but the
rest?

- -Benjamin Meyer

- --
aka icefox