List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdenetwork/wifi without arts
From:       Stefan Winter <mail () stefan-winter ! de>
Date:       2004-10-24 9:31:44

Hi,

as maintainer of KWiFiManager I received a downstream patch to make
kdenetwork/wifi compile when arts support is off. That patch doesnīt seem to
work out-of-the-box, but I donīt know how to fix it.

It changes configure.in.in in kdenetwork/wifi by appending a line
AM_CONDITIONAL(HAS_ARTS, test x$have_arts = xyes)

and a block in Makefile.am

if HAS_ARTS
ARTS_LIBS = -lartsflow -lmcop
endif

kwifimanager_LDADD = $(ARTS_LIBS) -liw $(LIB_KDEUI)

plus a few #ifdef clauses in the code.

The problem is that ARTS_LIBS never gets set and the linker options are always
missing - even if arts is present and used in the code, which leads to linker
errors if arts is *present*. Of course, if arts is not present, the code will
compile (which the reporter thought to be a success).
The complete patch is available in bug #88565.

Unfortunately I am not quite into automake magic, so I donīt know how to fix
this... Anyone?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
This mail is guaranteed to be virus free because it was sent from a computer
running Linux.