List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Naming conventions?
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2004-10-15 17:44:08

On środa 13 październik 2004 09:50 am, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 October 2004 8:11 am, Kuba Ober wrote:
> > > Yah, the one real success I saw with it was where they had cvs not
> > > allow commits that didn't follow the rules.  Relying on humans for such
> > > a task always fails.  Maybe we shouldn't allow code commits that don't
> > > compile, icons that don't have all the sizes, etc :)
> >
> > Commits that don't compile shouldn't be allowed anyway. Believe it or
> > not, there are systems that actually enforce that --
> > aegis.sourceforge.net for example.
>
> You can do it in CVS too, fyi

Can CVS be somehow coerced to have a notion of generated file being an
internally handled part of the tree? Otherwise any such checking must be very
expensive as for every commit it'd need to recompile the whole thing.

Aegis does it "the right way" ;) But let's not start CVS-vs.-something-else
flamewar :)

Cheers, Kuba Ober