List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: {HELP} Non ISO-8859-1 font names
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2004-10-13 12:55:25

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 14:08, Kuba Ober wrote:
> On wtorek 12 październik 2004 03:03 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > I keep getting questions about fonts with names that are not ISO 8859-1
> > encoded.
> >
> > I need to know how Qt and/or KDE handles font names that are not ISO
> > 8859-1 encoded.  I would be happy to read up on this, but don't have any
> > idea where to look for information.
>
> I guess the source code is your only friend :(. Qt source for starters.

Actually fontconfig and freetype sources. We currently just use whatever we
get from fontconfig which is the english name. I don't really remember if
this was a missing feature of freetype or fontconfig.

In case you don't have Xft2/fontconfig: xlfd's only support us-ascii for font
names ;-)

Cheers,
Lars