List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Removing installed components from a project.
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-10-03 1:45:59

On Saturday 02 October 2004 04:02 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> There are only two ways:
> 1) erase manually
> 2) make uninstall
>
> Your arguments to 'make uninstall' are not valid because one can always
> revert his Makefile.am to the version before the important changes.

OK

> On the other hand, the easiest way is to remove all files. Consider it a
> good practice to install things you develop in different prefixes than
> everything else, so that you can do just that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "prefix".  If you're referring to ./configure
--prefix, isn't that up to each developer?  Or perhaps you mean installing
the components into an app-specific subdirectory?  Unfortunately, the
obsolete component is a KCM module, so doing that is a bit problematic.

Fortunately, we aren't far enough along to have a package distro yet.

I'll just put a note into the ChangeLog for now.

>   Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028

Thanks for the reply.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer